Saturday, March 12, 2011

Platoon command squad with plasma done

I got the plasma gun i needed from Alex(thanks alot my friend!) at the club Thursday evening so i have no excuse not to finish it. I am very happy how the plasma came out. I went back and redid the plasma gun on the commander so it matched the rest. I planned on running the commander with a bolgun but  as you saw from my last post i decided to go with the plasmapistol.

Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum and i am all outta gum! I am very happy i did get the boltgun commander painted tho as he was very fun to paint and i just love the Duke Nukem glasses and the cigar in his mouth! This model is one of the reasons why i am collecting all the old school models(the plasma gun guy at the furthest to the right is also a old school model.)


Coming up next is their ride which i plan on improving the weathering on compared to the last one. You guys will as always be the judges if i succeed or not.

Until next time guys
Ras

11 comments:

  1. Yeah - I much prefer that old style plasma gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, by the way - especially on the bolter-weilding commander!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting as usual mate, loving the pose of the 2nd guy readying his gun to fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoying watching you develop a themed army like this.. I'm only an occasional rather than a regular 40K gamer, but the figures always look good... thanks!!

    Kind regards
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you ever run low on plasma again then try thi little tutorial on my blog - That should instantly give you a surplus of plasma :o)

    http://brushesanddolls.blogspot.com/2011/03/running-low-on-plasma-model-your-own.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nico Thanks, i will keep that in mind for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the models, looking great... when's the mortars coming online. Nice modelling as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sune thanks mate, i am happy you like em. The mortars will be coming next month after the ratlings and 1st squad before basilisk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still vote Ogryns!!!!

    And the plassies are looking good..

    I think I'll name your army "Blood talon fodder" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Michael although i absolutely love ogryns, they will be done much later. I hate green stuffing and the cracks in the models are big enough to even make a plumber envious...

    ReplyDelete