Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ravenwing test model

Hi guys i just finished my first Ravenwing test model. I spend abit over 1 hour on this model so obviously the real models will receive much more love on details but the idea with colors and execution will still be the same.

Things to note

1. The crest was a royal pain in the ass to paint on these models(which thank god my Ravenwing wont carry bolters in front of their crest!) and the detailing on its paint job was VERY poor!

2. the blood red highlighting on the bolter was put on to strong in my opinion. I like my highlights less subtle, which was why i went with this kind of highlighting on black.

What do you guys think? Any tips or hints you don't like or stuff you do like, please let me know.

Ras

2 comments:

  1. Nice work mate - suitably dark - I think it captures the Ravenwing well.

    How do you plan on basing them - with a lighter base, or keeping it dark and muted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rogue thanks mate. I did aim for the darker colors Ravenwing. Dark, dirty and on the move. We will see how they end up tho ;)

    I am basing them with a dark red mars colored base. I am almost done with the first bike which i will post perhaps tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete