Monday, August 9, 2010

Sentinel and heavyweapons team WIP

Time for some updates!
I have had a rather busy time with my girlfriends parents coming to visit from Romania and the death of my grandfather.. Easy to say its been a rather hard time with the ladder and happy but busy time with the first.

I did manage some work on my monthly goal which will be a scout sentinel for my 500 point list. I did not glue on the roof yet to make it easier to paint the pilot and the insides. This will be my first real vehicle and i am planning to add battle damage, weathering and personalize it. Suffice to say i got lots of plans on this and i cant wait to get started painting it!

The second thing i am working on at the moment is a another heavy weapons team and after reading a very motivating blog with a guy collecting the same army i got inspired to try a new approach on my own army.


So without further delay heres my second HWT. Instead of having 3 HWT sitting in attacking mode, i wanted this setup to reflect the way these teams work in the jungle. The HWT teams carry these heavy weapons out in the jungle to set em up when a bigger punch is needed. So i wanted one of my HWT to show em putting the weapon up ready for assault. I wanted this team to look like they are hurried to set it up(maybe they got some nasty incoming in the bushes :)).

Now the model is not finished put together and i do not want to glue them together before painting them since it will be much more difficult to paint together then separate. The Auto cannon will be glued in the handle to the guy pointing and the barrel will be lying in the two hands of the guy holding it. also the bases will be stripped and the two catachans will be glue to the big base. Suffice to say i am very pleased about this and i cant wait to paint them after the sentinel.

I am also working on some terrain which you will see a quick glimt of in my latest youtube movie on my channel "zacret"

Rasmus signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment